Joel Sternfeld — Sweet Earth
Joel Sternfeld is a major figure in international art and photography. His work is concerned with the implications of landscape and the utopic/dystopic interactions humans have with it. Sweet Earth is a culmination of this interest: sixty American utopias are brought together in a book that functions both as visual history and as a hopeful guide.
Sternfeld will give an illustrated talk at the National Portrait Gallery, London, on Friday 13th October 2006 at 7pm. Tickets are available in advance from the NPG on +44 (0)20 7306 0055, and cost £5 / £3 concessions.
The following day a champagne reception and book signing will be held at Steidl's London showroom in Bloomsbury.
3.00 pm, Saturday 14 October. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)20 7405 8899
Steidlville London, 36 Lamb's Conduit Street, London WC1N 3LJ
Coinciding with these events, Luhring Augustine will be presenting Joel Sternfeld's Campagna Romana series at the Frieze Art Fair.
12–15 October, Frieze Art Fair, Booth B11, Regent's Park, London
- Related artists
- Joel Sternfeld
- Recent news
- Steidl at Paris Photo: Stand D28
- Mauro D'Agati Exhibition - Milan
- Exhibition The Mexican Suitcase - The Legendary Spanish Civil War Negatives of Robert Capa, Gerda Taro, and David Seymour
- Donovan Wylie Exhibition
- Steidl at the New York Art Book Fair - 30 September to 2 October
- New Autumn / Winter catalogue available for download
- Richard Serra Drawing: A Retrospective Exhibition
- Signed books available to members
- Roma Journeys screening at International Festival of Photojournalism