The Roma Journeys [Le romané phirimàta]
Cia Rinne and Joakim Eskildsen travelled to meet Roma in seven different countries between 2000 and 2006, often staying with families for long periods in order to learn about their life, their culture, and their situation. The Roma Journeys is a very personal document of these encounters, giving a contemporary view of the lives of the Roma people and their situation today.
- Related news & events
- Roma Journeys screening at International Festival of Photojournalism continued...
- Best Photographic Book of the Year, Amilcare Ponchelli Award 2008 - GRIN
- David Octavius Hill Medaille, Deutsche Fotografische Akademie 2009
- Advancement Award of the Otto Pankok Foundation to the benefit of the Roma 2009
You can no longer purchase Steidl books from steidlville.com and all information on new and future Steidl books can be found at steidl.de.
Foreword by Günter Grass
Introduction by Cia Rinne and Joakim Eskildsen
Essays and music recordings by Cia Rinne
Music editing by Sebastian Eskildsen
- 416 pages, 274 colour plates
- 23.3 cm x 26.6 cm
- Hardcover with a CD of field recordings and music recorded on the journeys
- ISBN: 978-3-86521-371-6